VBCF understands that a diagnosis brings many questions and a need for information to help you decide your path. We would like to express our support for you during this difficult time.
We have created a Newly Diagnosed Packet that contains resources and information that we hope will help you through your diagnosis and treatment. Included in this packet are the following items:
- General guide for newly diagnosed women
- National Cancer Institute Guide on Genetic Testing for Breast and Ovarian Cancer Risk
- Guide to understanding pathology reports
- NBCCF Drug Fact Sheet: describes commonly used breast cancer drugs
- Listing of books and videos available for loan from the VBCF Resource Library
- Listing of breast cancer resources on the web
We have also compiled a list of support groups in Virginia. That list can be found here.