Social media is a great tool to use to communicate your professional image and experience. This session – which is brand new this year – will focus on how to develop and maintain a consistent personal “brand” across platforms, to showcase your skills, interests and accomplishments.
When someone is diagnosed with cancer it affects the entire family. A common concern is how to support children and teens through a parent or loved one’s diagnosis. Resilience is defined as “an ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change”. While some people have a natural ability to “bounce back” from challenging situations, most of us need help in navigating something as serious as a cancer diagnosis. Learn how to engage your natural strengths, pull together specific resources, and build new skills to create a stronger and more resilient family.
Occupational therapy and vocational rehabilitation services can support the transition of returning to work during/after cancer treatment and enhance the performance of daily job-related tasks. In this session we will cover OT strategies for improving physical and cognitive functioning and conserving energy, as well as vocational rehab services to help increase work tolerance and satisfaction.
While pain may be common during and after cancer treatment, it is not something you just have to “live with.” This webinar will review different types of pain as well as effective management. Dr. Yvette Colón will provide tips for tracking your pain levels, considering treatment options, talking about pain with your health care team, and other practical suggestions for dealing with pain during and after treatment.
This webinar will provide information to help patients think through disclosing their diagnosis, protecting their privacy and managing their online brand. Topics discussed will include:
- Deciding whether to work or take time off
- Accessing rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Online brand management, including thinking through disclosure on social media
- Managing privacy at work and in an online setting
Once you have decided to work through treatment, it’s important to create a plan and think through the various steps that you can take to make the process as smooth as possible. During this webinar we will discuss how to do this, covering topics that include:
- What and whom to tell when disclosing a cancer diagnosis in the workplace
- Workplace laws that protect patients at both the federal and state levels and how to use them
- How to arrange reasonable accommodations in the workplace under the ADA
- Practical strategies to manage treatment side effects and modify their schedule in the workplace
For most people, workplace stress is a given. Add cancer to the mix, and it can become debilitating. In this webinar we will help you think about your priorities and how you can balance your job, family and own well-being to avoid letting stress get the best of you. Discussion will include how to:
- Preserve what is most important to you during and after your treatment
- Identify tools to help you maintain your best performance at work
- Stay in control of your work and your life
- Set reasonable boundaries at work and express them professionally
You know you have stress in your life but are you too stressed out to do anything about it? This webinar will really explain what stress is, how it affects everyone differently, and most importantly, provide simple, common sense and practical techniques to get your stress under control.
Changes in the body are common during and after cancer treatments and, understandably, may impact body image and self-confidence. For survivors who are either working through treatment or returning to work, knowing how to recognize negative body image and manage the feelings that accompany it can help reduce on-the-job anxiety, improve performance, and increase the ability to succeed professionally after cancer. In this webinar we will discuss:
- How body image may be impacted by cancer and the effect of body changes at work
- Practical tips and resources for understanding the feelings that may accompany unexpected changes in your body
- Techniques to maintain or increase self-confidence while working or when returning to work