Know of a group that wants to learn more about breast cancer?
The Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation offers a Speakers Bureau Program, Stay Abreast, as an important, free tool for educating Virginians on the facts, issues, and truth about breast cancer. Stay Abreast features a staff member or trained volunteer sharing:
- Basic facts about breast health and anatomy
- Statistics related to breast cancer
- Risk factors for breast cancer
- Detection methods for finding breast cancer
- How every Virginian can be an advocate for their health
- Ways individuals can help influence state and national legislation concerning breast cancer
Stay Abreast can be tailored to fit different audiences to give relevant, up-to-date information. Groups who have had a VBCF speaker include:
- Church Groups
- Support Groups
- Women’s/Men’s Groups
- House Parties
- Young Women’s Groups, such as sororities
- Any other group ready to learn more about breast cancer
To request a speaker for your group or event, VBCF must receive a request, preferably 4-6 weeks before your event. If you are requesting a speaker for October, please submit that request as early as possible.