VBCF is seeking volunteers to assemble 100,000 Pink Ribbon Education Cards and bundle them into packages. This is a great project for school groups (ages 10 & up) and other organizational groups. It can be done in VBCF’s Richmond office or at an off-site location in the Richmond area. Fill out the application at the bottom of the page or contact Jennie Southworth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-285-1200 ext. 204 to volunteer for this project.
Educational and Community Outreach – VBCF seeks volunteers to help raise awareness about breast cancer and assist in educating Virginians about this disease:
- Speaker’s Bureau – VBCF gets requests from groups throughout Virginia for speakers for events large and small. Most of these requests come in October. We invite volunteer survivors who are willing to share their story, as well as spread awareness and education, to join our Speaker’s Bureau team. VBCF will offer these volunteers speaker training and we have a prepared a 30-45 minute PowerPoint to use for these presentations. Please consider joining this important team of volunteers!
- Event Tabling – We are looking for friendly and outgoing volunteers to join our educational team. VBCF gets many requests to staff information tables at events and health fairs throughout the state. We depend on a group of volunteers to attend these events and represent VBCF with general information and educational handouts. No prior experience is needed, just a willingness to spread the word and an ability and desire to talk to interested individuals.
- Medical Office Cards – Volunteers visit doctor’s offices throughout VA to drop off our information cards. The cards are used by patients to request educational resources from VBCF including newly diagnosed kits and newsletters.
Advocacy – VBCF is always looking for volunteers to assist us in advocating for improved breast cancer public policy legislation at the state and national level. VBCF coordinates an annual state lobby day at the Virginia General Assembly and a national lobby day at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC. Advocates meet with our elected officials to voice an opinion on pending legislation. Learn more abouth these days here www.vbcf.org/advocate.
Special Projects – VBCF has a number of seasonal, short-term projects to accommodate volunteer interests:
- VBCF seeks volunteers to assemble 100,000 Pink Ribbon Education Cards each year and bundle them into packages. This is a great project for school groups (ages 10 & up) and other organizational groups. It is an ongoing project with most of the work being done in the spring of each year. It can be done in VBCF’s Richmond office or at an off-site location in the Richmond area.
- VBCF receives requests for Free Educational Resources throughout the year. The bulk of packaging and mailing these materials occurs in the fall – from Sept. through Oct. and we’re always seeking volunteers to come in on a consistent basis during this time to assist with mailings.
Fundraising – VBCF is supported by individuals and local businesses across the state through charitable events and giving campaigns. Volunteers are encouraged to host fundraisers in their local communities and a list of suggestions can be found at www.vbcf.org/fundraising-event-ideas.
Chapters – VBCF currently has five local, volunteer chapters – Blue Ridge, Central Virginia, Hampton Roads, Peninsula and Prince William. These committed individuals make a difference in their local communities through a variety of volunteer efforts. Please visit www.vbcf.org/chapters to learn more.
Leadership – VBCF is seeking new members for our Education & Events and Advocacy Committees. Committee meetings are typically held on a monthly basis by conference call. No experience required, just an interest in the focus area and a willingness to get involved.
Questions? Please contact Jennie Southworth, Volunteer & Funds Manager, at 800-345-8223 ext. 204 or email@example.com
If you would like to volunteer for any of these positions, please complete the form below.